Name:
Location: Luang Prabang, Laos


Weather Forecast | Weather Maps

Locations of visitors to this page

Friday, June 22, 2007

One week

It's a little hard to believe I've been in Korea a full week already. It feels like I just arrived, but somehow Lesotho already seems like it was ages ago... I'm not sure where my brain thinks I've been.

I had very big plans for what I would be doing once I got to Korea--mostly involving daily hikes with Ella and a few hours of review each day for my pediatric board exams in October (and to review all the general pediatric topics I didn't use in Lesotho--ADHD, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, food allergies, etc just aren't things you really think about there).

I'm off to a bit of a slow start, mostly because I'm going to bed late (meaning waking up late too)--partly jet lag and partly because it's nice to use the internet after everyone is asleep. Ella being sick also put the brakes on father-daughter hikes. Explosive diarrhea in the backpack carrier didn't sound like much of a bonding experience.

But, I think I'm turning the corner (Ella has already turned the corner). I got my hair cut yesterday (just like in China, they are obsessed with using thinning shears instead of regular scissors to cut hair here), downloaded 5 years worth of Pediatrics in Review articles to use for board review, got a certified copy of our marriage certificate from Seoul City Hall where we were married 10 years ago (we'll need it for the baby'-to-come's birth certificate and passport). So, I'm not quite putting in a 40 hour week, but who needs a 40 hour week?

I'm still working on the retrospective Lesotho posts, and plan to take the camera out this weekend, so keep checking in.

Comments on "One week"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:25 AM) : 

I think explosive diarrhea in the backpack could literally bond you too together.
Emily
(and Ike - who loves diarrhea)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:26 AM) : 

I mean two.

 

post a comment